Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#139746 - 08/02/02 05:00 PM Re: More Jobim "stuff"
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Mario:
Hi Fred:
Good point, the flute should (and will)have a longer note ending. That's why it's so important to have others listen to your music, so thanks for taking the time to listen.
As far as the CD being for sale, it isn't. It is meant for "public Realtions" and If you want a copy, I will be glad to give you one when it is finished (soon, I hope), only if you promise to listen to the whole album. Deal?
Regards,
Mario

DEAL!!!!!!!!!!

#139747 - 08/02/02 05:09 PM Re: More Jobim "stuff"
seanbaker Offline

Mario, very good arrangement. Your voice is very nice too.

What keyboard did you use for the trombone, flute, and guitar sounds, or all of them for that matter. One keyboard?

#139748 - 08/02/02 05:20 PM Re: More Jobim "stuff"
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
Tony:
I hope your are still awake! I didn't know that there are still people out there that listen to "mushy" stuff like this but I guessed wrong. Anyway, thanks for the complement, this forum has more romantic folks in it than I thought previously. Guess ther's still hope for us old souls like me.
Say, on another note, do you happen to know a singer/pianist/composer the name of Ruth Allen in England? She is a great talent that I just had the fortune to meet personally a couple of weeks ago in one of my gigs in Spring Lake NJ, and she is unbeliebable good. Not young, I think she may be hovering 70 but very well preserved pretty lady and with a great voice. She gave me a couple of her albums which are excellent, lots of jazz but mostly her writing abilities. She is now performing at The Savoy in London on Fridays and Staurday Nights. She Just did a concert in NY where she performed with Michael Feinstein and Geroge Shearing. I am just wondering if you heard of her or perhaps know her.
Sweet dreams my friend,
Mario

#139749 - 08/02/02 05:29 PM Re: More Jobim "stuff"
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
Sean:
Yes, I used the PSR2000 exclusively and the help (for editing and vocals) of Cakewalk Pro9, great program with lots of features and a great interface. It works "flawlessly" with a PC with a big HD and a fast CPU. You also need an audio USB interface like the Edirol UA-1A ($89)to get your audio(vocals, etc.) "digitalized" into the PC.
Let me know if you need more info, I'll be glad to help you.
reagrds,
Mario

#139750 - 08/02/02 06:54 PM Re: More Jobim "stuff"
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Mario,
What can I say !
Great .... work "Once I Loved " is perfect !!
You have a NICE voice and your arrangments are superb. You make me proud to own a "Y2K"
Please..... Keep up the fine music your making, Best of luck , you my friend have a great future with the music you make
jedi

#139751 - 08/02/02 09:28 PM Re: More Jobim "stuff"
seanbaker Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mario:
Sean:
Yes, I used the PSR2000 exclusively and the help (for editing and vocals) of Cakewalk Pro9, great program with lots of features and a great interface. It works "flawlessly" with a PC with a big HD and a fast CPU. You also need an audio USB interface like the Edirol UA-1A ($89)to get your audio(vocals, etc.) "digitalized" into the PC.
Let me know if you need more info, I'll be glad to help you.
reagrds,
Mario

I just wanted to know about the soudns, because the trombone impressed me. I am still searching fo a keyboard to buy, and though arranger keybouards probably won't be the way to go for me, it does seem they have better solo brass/reed sounds than synth workstations.

Thanks,
Sean

#139752 - 08/02/02 10:53 PM Re: More Jobim "stuff"
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Mario ... nice work. Sounds just wonderful.
I'm going to try to sneak up to see you sometime on Sunday ... if that option is still open...... Where can I call you?
I'll be in Spring Lake all day Sunday.

#139753 - 08/02/02 11:01 PM Re: More Jobim "stuff"
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Really great Mario! I'll listen more after some sleep.
DonM

#139754 - 08/03/02 03:47 AM Re: More Jobim "stuff"
trtjazz Offline

Mario,
Outstanding! I'm a huge Jobim fan to begin with and you did a great job on this rendition.
jam on,
Terry

#139755 - 08/03/02 04:35 AM Re: More Jobim "stuff"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mario...
Beautiful. The blend of your voice with that of the instrument voices is superb.
Eddie

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online